Blog Archive

Monday, September 13, 2010

Who's that gran? Madonna cuts a frumpy figure as she directs her new film in New York

By Daily Mail Reporter

Granny chic: Madonna sported a floppy grey fedora and old fashioned horn rimmed glasses as she filmed W.E. in New York this morning


She's well known for her conical corsets, outrageous stage wear and expensive fashion tastes.

So onlookers could be forgiven for not recognising Madonna as she directed her new movie W.E. in New York this morning.

The material girl looked more like a granny than a glamorous pop star with her floppy grey hat, old fashioned glasses and shapeless grey cardigan.


Frumpy: The material girl sported a casual cardigan, jeans and trainers for the New York shoot


Laugh a minute: Madonna seemed to be enjoying her directing experience in the Big Apple this morning


'It goes back and forth in time,' she recently told Interview magazine. 'I use the Sotheby's auction in 1998 of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor's estate as a device to flash backward from.'

And it seems Madonna's new project - her second directing project following 2008 low budget drama Filth and Wisdom - has not been all plain sailing.

'When you make a movie, it seems like there's nothing but resistance,' she told the magazine.


In the hot seat: Madonna looked relaxed this morning despite calling the movie making process 'stressful'


'It's kind of a miracle that any movie ever gets made.

'Every other day, it's like, "What am I doing? This is insane. I could be off gardening right now. This is too stressful. Who do I think I am? Why am I putting myself through all of this punishment?" That's what it feels like-for me, anyway.'

'I've never had that experience before, because making records and putting my shows together-except at the very beginning of my career - I've never really experienced much resistance.'



Applause: The star looked animated as she watched proceedings in New York


source :dailymail