Blog Archive

Friday, May 14, 2010

Britain's Got Talent: Simon Cowell shows his devilish side while Amanda Holden plays the bunny girl

By Daily Mail Reporter

Horny: Simon Cowell tries his best devil impression, while Amanda Holden gets in the spirit with her bunny ears


Those who have been on the receiving end of his harsh criticism would no doubt wish Simon Cowell would just go to hell.

But it looks like he has already been there, judging by his attire on Britain's Got Talent tonight.

The acid-tongued judge dons a pair of devil horns for the auditions in Cardiff, while fellow panellist Amanda Holden wears a saucy pair of bunny ears.

The fancy dress items are in fact a gift from 62-year-old auditionee Marlene from Bournemouth.

As well as the horns and bunny ears, she presents Ant and Dec with a pair of comedy glasses each, and Piers Morgan with a red bow tie.

With everything in place, she begins her act - the song Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell.

She tells the judges: 'I have three children, eight grandchildren and one great granddaughter. My ultimate dream is I’d love to perform on the Royal Variety Performance.


Using their heads: Piers Morgan, left, Amanda and Simon listen to Marlene's rendition of Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell


'All my family and friends say "Why do you want to do it now" and I think why not?

'There’s no age limit on dreams at all.'

As Marlene leaves the stage, Amanda turns to Simon, who is still wearing the devil horns, and asks: ‘How much do you want for my soul?’

‘I already have your soul,’ Simon quickly replies - to which a laughing Amanda responds: 'I know!'


Talented: 16-year-old student Josh, 16, sings My Girl by The Temptations and the teenage girls in the audience go wild


As the auditions move on to London, 16-year-old Josh, a student, is first up in front of the judges.

As he takes his place on the stage, he tells them his dream is to be a professional singer.

'Today’s audition is the biggest thing that’s ever happened to me,' he says. 'It’s quite nerve wracking, I’m nervous that Simon is going to say something really bad.’

As he starts his act, My Girl by The Temptations, all the audience are on Josh’s side, with lots of screaming girls showing their appreciation.

Amanda is equally impressed. 'You were confident, you were a showman and you delivered,' she says. 'I think you’ve got the potential to be a great pop star.'

Piers adds: 'You’ve got the looks, you’ve got the charm, you’ve got the stage presence, you’ve got the girls going crazy. I think that was a brilliant performance.'
Even Simon believes Josh has potential.

'You’ve got a lot of things going your way – you’re a good looking guy, you’ve got charisma, and people like you,' he says.

'If I met you under normal circumstances I would say to you ‘Josh you should be in a band’.

Next up in London is an act that have been dreaming of this moment - best friends Ashley and Glen, aka Twist & Pulse.

‘Twist & Pulse is a street dance act. If we got through today I might just faint. I’m a bit scared I might just faint and fall on the floor,’ Ashley says.

'We’ve been training and preparing for this day for weeks and weeks and weeks in our kitchen,’ adds Glen.

Ashley says: ‘Because we’re best mates we actually have a strong bond in our performance. We’re comfortable with each other on the stage so it gives a strong performance. To win Britain’s Got Talent would honestly mean the world to us.’

After introducing themselves to the judges, Twist & Pulse take their starting positions.

The music starts and the high energy dance act begins with some clever tricks and funny gags thrown in for good measure. The music ranges from hip hop to pop, the Cheeky Girls to the EastEnders theme tune.

‘We’ve never seen anyone break dance to EastEnders before!’ says Dec from the wings.


Double act: Twist and Pulse, aka best friends Ashley and Glen, show off their moves
The standing ovation from the audience leaves Ashley and Glen feeling a bit emotional.


Piers describes the act as 'terrific'. 'That is one of the most exciting, original routines we’ve seen,' he says.

Amanda adds: 'I don’t know what that kind of style is but you danced to every section of the music and you told a story. What is it?'

Ashely says: 'Its streetomedy - street and comedy together,' to which Amanda responds: 'I think you just showed us a glimpse of the future.'

But Simon is less convinced. 'For me the only thing that works is whether it becomes entertaining for the person watching it,' he says. 'I think there’s still a lot of room for improvement.’

As the team moves to Manchester, street group Ice, from Rotherham are desperate to impress.

The group, aged from 12-18 years old, was formed to boost the teenagers' confidence and 'make them believe in themselves,’ according to dance teacher Nikki.


Tough decisions: Simon Cowell asks Dance group Ice if they would be prepared to fire their choreographers


Moving on up: The group, aged between 12 and 18, dances to a mash-up of hits including Black Eyed Peas I've Gotta Feeling


The act take to the stage and dance their hearts out in an energetic routine to a mash-up of hip hop and pop songs, including Black Eyed Peas I’ve Gotta Feeling.

Piers is the first judge to comment. 'I thought it was very, very original. I loved all the stuff with the canes,' he says. 'I thought the choreography was very imaginative, lots of energy. When the audience get up and start dancing with you, you know you’re doing something right.'

Amanda adds: 'I loved that you did everything together. It looks so uniform and slick when it’s together. Fantastic choreography, great job, well done.'

But again, Simon throws a spanner in the works - and leaves the group with a tough decision.

'I thought overall it was well done. I have a slight problem…you are being choreographed from other people which always for me makes it slightly less real,' he says. 'It’s got a dance school element to it - you may have to fire your choreographers. How do you feel?'

Britain's Got Talent, tonight on ITV at 8pm


source :dailymail